Saturday, September 10, 2011

Elemental Board Book...Bonus Project

   I have had the Close to My Heart board book for about a year now.  When I sat down to work on the Elemental Workshop on the Go and saw the bonus project was the board book, I was very excited.  This was now my chance to use it.  I completed the main project.  Then the second layout.  Finally I got started with the board book.  I was thrilled that the directions called for using the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge. 

  The book came together quickly.  Once I had the book done, then I needed to decide what photos to put in it.  So I used photos from when Nathan was in Kindergarten...Mom/Son dance, Storybook Ball, Monster trucks at the Detroit Science Center, and other great memories from that great year of his life.

Cover of the board book

 First page: Mom/Son Dance
 Second page: traditional Family New Year's Eve photo
 Third page: Storybook Ball...Scooby and Shaggy
 Fourth page: Monster trucks at the Detroit Science Center
 Fifth page: walking across a wooden bridge...determination

The only thing that I still have to do on the pages is to do the journaling.  But I am very happy with how it turned out.  What do you think?  I would love to hear what you think, please leave a comment.


3 comments:

  1. very nice idea to put special moments in one little book..elemental works with all occasions..i like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly this is a cute book, I love to alter albums. Did one for Hunter's graduation.
    Oh and my ribbon- it is Stampin Up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! Can't wait to move into my new home and get to make some projects (including something to send to you!)! Hugs, JuliAnne :)

    ReplyDelete