Monday, May 9, 2011

Simple notecard tutorial

This year I made my sister-in-law, Bridget, a set of "Thank you" notecards for Mother's Day.  We don't normally exchange gifts but she has been having a rough month or so.  So I wanted her to know that I was thinking of her.  While I was designing her notecards, I thought these would be great to show you.  I started with simple note cards from Martha Stewart.  I have had them in my supplies for awhile and needed to get them out of the pile.  Then I used one of my past favorite papers "Veranda" from Close to My Heart.  It is retired now.  But I know Bridget wouldn't mind this at all!

Let me show you step by step now:

Cut the Veranda flourish paper 3 1/2" x 4 1/2", Veranda stripe 3/4" x 4 1/2".
Stamp "Thinking of You" message in Juniper ink on Colonial white cardstock and stamp "Thank you" message in Hollyhock ink on Colonial white cardstock, from the set called: Salutation Seals (C1461)
Color in the dots on the "Thinking of You" message in Hollyhock marker.
Punch both messages out with the 1 1/4" circle punch and 2" scallop punch from Close to My Heart.


Attach the paper to the front of the notecard.


Attach the "Thinking of You" message to the right side of the notecard.


Adhere the Hollyhock "Thank You" message over the juniper message.

Now you are all done.  Stamp something cute on the front of the envelope to finish off the project.  Who will you make something for to let them know you are thinking of them today?

1 comment: