Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Family

As many of you know I will be standing up in my cousin's wedding in just 6 weeks.  Her next shower is this weekend.  My family is looking forward to this big event of the wedding!  Great food, great dancing, great times with the relatives that we only see a few times a year, and the great car ride to Pittsburgh, PA.  The photo is my Aunt Amelia (mother of the bride) and Emily (the bride).

I am looking forward to the wedding as a time for taking more pictures.  I really enjoy photography.  I think I get that bug from my dad.  He is a professional photographer.  His pictures are fantastic!   This is one of my favorite pictures he took of Nathan from his First Holy Communion a few year's ago.
I try not to let to many things slip by without taking pictures.  While we were in Pittsburgh for Emily's first wedding shower, I took some pictures of the family making the centerpieces and the shower favors.  This is a time for all of us to remember.  I will be printing these photos out for her after this upcoming shower.  One of her gifts was a handmade 9x9 accordion album placed inside a memory keeper box all done in the Sophia paper collection.  I also made 25 monogram cards for her.  Then I put them all into a pretty hand decorated giftbag.  I think she really liked the personal touch I put into my gifts.
When we create gifts from the heart our family and friends know we really care! What types of gifts do you make?  Do you create special things for showers?   

2 comments: